Four times each summer, the green at the Historic Banner Elk School comes to life with Art on the Greene, featuring quality, hand-made arts and crafts from select regional and national artisans. Art on the Greene takes place Memorial Day weekend, Fourth of July weekend, the first weekend in August, and Labor Day weekend.
Festivities include food vendors and other entertainment.
The following safety measures will be in place in 2020:
- Total number of vendors reduced by 50%
- Space between booths increased to at least 12 feet
- No picnic tables or places to congregate
- Vendors limit the number of customers in their booth at one time
- No food trucks or entertainment this year
- Signage posted throughout the show asking people to social distance